Wow, this product is quite a treat! Glary utilities is an all-in-one package containing about 20 file, system, and security tools that are all pretty darn useful. Best of, Glary is free. My test drive of the product has propelled it to one of the top applications in my toolkit.
You can download the free Glary Utilities here.
Glary provides the following tools:
Clean Up & Repair
- Disk Cleaner – Removes junk data from your disks and recovers disk space
- Registry Cleaner – Scans and cleans up your registry to improve your system’s performance
- Shortcuts Fixer – Corrects the errors in your start menu & desktop shortcuts
- Uninstall Manager – Uninstalls programs completely that you don’t need any more
Optimize & Improve
- Startup Manager – Manages programs which run automatically on start up
- Memory Optimizer – Monitors and optimizes free memory in the background
- Context Menu Manager – Manages the context-menu entries for files/folders
- Registry Defrag – Defrag the Windows registry to speed up your computer
Privacy & Security
- Tracks Eraser -Erases all the traces, evidences, cookies, internet history and more
- File Shredder – Erases files permanently so that no one can recover them
- File Undelete – Quick and effective way to retrieve accidentally deleted files
- File Encrypter and Decrypter – Protects your files from unauthorized access and use
Files & Folders
- Disk Analysis – Shows you the disk space usage of your files and folders
- Duplicate Files Finder – Searches for space-wasting and error producing duplicate files
- Empty Folders Finder – Finds and removes empty folders in your windows
- File Splitter and Joiner – Splits large files into smaller manageable files, and then rejoin them
- Process Manager – Monitors programs that run on your PC and stop spyware and Trojans
- Internet Explorer Assistant – Manages Internet Explorer Add-ons and restores hijacked settings
- Windows Standard Tools -Provides direct access to the useful windows default functions.
When you first start Glary, you are taken to an interface that contains 6 of the more common tools. You can include or exclude any of the tests here, but I have not found a way to customize this list if it’s even possible at all. One click will run the selected tests and present you with a summary of results. You can get specific details for anything uncovered before you decide to fix the problem. (I would not consider the Spyware Removal much use since the application engine is not routinely updated. Instead, I suggest using Spybot and Windows Defender as your spyware protection scheme.)
This screen is a good first step in discovering and addresses any of the low hanging fruit that may slow your system down. The heart of Glary Utilities lies in the “Modules” tab:
I’ve used many of Glary’s modules so far and am very impressed. Selecting any of the modules will launch that application separately from the Glary interface. This allows you to open and run multiple utilities at once. Think of Glary as a portal for the 20 most useful utilities you need to maintain your PC.
One very nice feature is the “Windows Standard Tools” module. This module opens up the following Windows tools:CheckDisk, Disk Defragmenter, System Restore, System File Checker, and a Backup program.
To me, this is a very convenient collection of tools that I routinely use in my personal maintenance procedures. The System File Checker will examine your system files and compare them to known good versions and identify anything that may have been changed for the worse.
Glary Utilities doesn’t change the world with exciting new tools and concepts, but it packages up some of the most useful utilities into one clean, efficient, and FREE, download.
I highly recommend Glary Utilities!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.