Comodo released an update today. Per their release notes, the areas addressed are as follows:
Comodo Internet Security – Release Notes
Version 3.8.65951.477 : 26th Feb, 2009
- FIXED! Applications do not run when CIS is installed in Vista 64
- FIXED! BSOD in Windows XP 64 when NWLink protocol is installed
- FIXED! Defense+ conflicts with certain security applications
- FIXED! Firewall does not filter traffic on some dialup/adsl adapters
- FIXED! AV crashes while scanning certain files
- FIXED! AV Exclusions do not work
While an update to the heuristics engine is not directly cited, I *think* our issue from the 2/19 updated has been resolved.
I was always able to trigger the false positive by running the Glary Utilities installation package. With the heuristics engine turned back to low (its default setting) I was able to run through the setup and launch the application successfully.
For those of you with other applications that were affected by this, please try to run/reinstall and let us know what is working and what may still not be working.
Use the updater within Comodo, or just get it here.