Add 30-Second Skip
The following technique can be used to map an unused or unneeded button on the "silver" remote to the 30-second skip command. Current versions of the i-Guide software will skip forward 30 seconds into a recording when this command is sent. A good choice is the ‘A / Lock’ button since many users don’t need that function; you can feel both the ’15-second-back’ and ’30-second-skip’ buttons with one finger and move between them without looking. Another option is to reprogram the ’15-second back’ button, since PgDn already provides that functionality. Some users have found, however, that double-clicking the play button results in a 30-second skip forward.
- Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
- Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
- Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
- Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
- Type in the code 00173.
- Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to (ex: A / Lock). The "Cable" button will blink twice if successful.